Deep strategical analysis certainly fits within the realm of "Board and Card Games" but these questions and their resulting discussions tend to drift into a different style of Q/A. Is there an unofficial line that defines how far into this realm we should be going?
Topics I consider relevant to this question:
- Data gathering/mining (Where/how do I get X?)
- Turn/game format discussion (What/how should I store X?, What turn formats are available for X?)
- Probability (What are the odds of X occurring?)
- Player strength terminology/format (ELO, TrueSkill)
- Specific strategies (How do I simulate opening X?)
- Specific games (How do I simulate games for X?)
- AI development (How do I create an AI that plays X?)
- AI competition (Where can my AI compete at X?)
- Help with specific AI (How do I beat X?, How do I get X to work?)
- General AI discussion (What type of AI would be best for X?)
And so on. The main question here: Are people interested in analyzing game-theory, AI and the mathematics of board games encouraged to post those questions here? Or in a more relevant area of stackexchange? Or... ?