I would like to discuss the idea to include Code-Golf-esque Magic the Gathering style questions on the B&CG StackExchange.
What is now the Programming Puzzles & Code Golf StackExchange, started off as the code-golf tag on StackOverflow. The Question Asker would post challenge questions with potentially many answers, and users would compete to post the best answer according to fairly strict requirements. I believe it might be fun to post similar style questions focused around MTG.
Would a similar tag be appropriate for B&CG StackExchange?
- Whether this should live on Live or the Meta (or similar to Code-golf where questions are originally asked on the meta, refined/tweaked and then posted to be answered on the actual StackExchange)
- What sort of restrictions should be placed on when the tag can be used (anytime or once a week type thing)?
- What type of questions would be On-topic (Build a deck around a specific theme/interaction/card, try to build an instant win combo with X card, do X with only this colour, or some other style)
- For each On-topic question a set of requirements that would be used to evaluate answers (Win in least amount of turns, least amount of mana spent/CMC of cards, most upvotes wins, etc.)
- Any other ideas you may have on how this could work
If no, that is ok too :)
Though it would be helpful if you leave an answer with a reason (Too off-topic, not something you are interested in, etc.)