One of the current moderators, mafu, is going to step down from their position as Pro Tem moderator. As a result, it falls upon the Community Team to pick a replacement for them. However, we decided we'd let users express interest in taking up the position and their peers show their support and/or concerns on each user's nomination, and take that into consideration when making our decision. Note that the decision will ultimately be made by the Community Team, and votes may or may not be a proxy for who gets chosen — we'll take them into consideration, but this is not an election.
I believe a week should be enough time, so on Wednesday, May 4th, the nominations will be closed, and we'll analyse the results and reach out to the person who seems like the best fit for us.
Please express your interest in taking up the position if you feel you would make an excellent moderator.
Here are some basic guidelines:
- Each nomination should be a separate answer. Link the name to your profile (parent and meta) so we can see your activity.
- Optionally you can write something about yourself, and why you think you'd make a good candidate.
Here is what we are looking for in a Moderator...
We are seeking out members who are deeply engaged in the community’s development; members who:
- Have a reasonably high reputation score to indicate active, consistent participation.
- Show an interest in their meta’s community-building activities.
- Lead by example, showing patience and respect for their fellow community members in everything they write.
- Exhibit those intangible traits discussed in A Theory of Moderation.
Bonus points for:
- Members with participation in both meta and the parent site (i.e. interest in both community building and expertise in the field).
- Area 51 participation, social network referrals, or blogging about the site.
- Members who have already shown an interest or ability to promote their community.