The on-topic areas for computer game (for games with a board game version) related questions needs to be updated to account for computer support related questions. Questions dealing with hardware, software or general user interface support would be better served on a site that is designed to help with computer games in general. Questions that deal with use of features that are solely in the real of the digital world are hard to relate back to the physical realm and can be harder to ensure that we have expert advice on a site dedicated to the physical game.
Here are some examples of questions that should be off topic on this site.
Examples borrowed from this meta post
Meta-gameplay (how to play, outside the actual game): These are questions where the answer is going to change over time and are likely to change as new versions of the game are released. This can leave an answer that is only applicable to an older version of the game that is not available anymore.
- How to play multiplayer Ticket to Ride (iOS/ipad) with friends over the internet?
- How can I "censor" players on the IGS server?
- "Where do I enter the password to join a private multiplayer game?"
Meta-game (about the game, outside of actually playing): As with the prevous questions they are likely to get out of date quickly and depending on the question involved outside variables such as OS/Driver updates could lead to answers only working depending on the setup of the user in question.
- Is older MTG Online client not supported any more?
- Scrabble computer version that uses the new dictionary? (OSPD4/OTCWL2)
- "Does the UI scale well to both tablets and phones?"