I wasn't going to post this, but then it happened a second time over the span of two or three days. We have a moderator who keeps wiping out comments that he disagrees with. Two examples:
- Yes, pile shuffling is slow play
- Moderator makes a comment
- Author makes a rebuttal
- Some back and forth occurs between moderator and user
- Moderator wipes away the comments except for his original(screenshot)
- Moderator directs further comments to meta
- I question the deletion of the comments
- My comment gets deleted
- Author makes the exact same rebuttal
- Moderator deletes the entire answer
- What is the Infinite Squirrel deck?
- Community closes the question
- Moderator makes a huge edit
- Moderator reopens the question
- Moderator wipes away the comments
- Some of these comments explained why the question was closed
I do not have an issue with mods voting on questions. That is perfectly fine. It's not like they can turn off their mod powers and then cast their vote (I think).
I do not have an issue with mods deleting comments that are abusive, obsolete, not constructive, or otherwise worthy of being deleted.
I do have an issue with mods wiping away the comments they disagree with. Can we not do that?