I've been looking at some of the questions on the front page and in the archives and I'm noticing that a lot of the titles aren't questions. For example, on the front page right now:
- Will using Nephalia Smuggler save a creature targeted by a destruction spell?
- How can I elegantly increase the difficulty of Elder Sign?
- If there are two Lighthouse Chronologist with three players, will one player be pereptually skipped?
- How can I minimize Black Market set up and clean up time?
These are at varying levels of "not-a-question"ness. The first two are statements that could easily be turned into questions. The third just needs some words added to turn it into a question. The fourth is a statement masquerading as a question because of the mark at the end.
This is annoying to me, but that isn't a great reason to edit them. Is it worthwhile to edit titles to be questions?
The pros I see:
- it adds consistency to the look of the site
- if all questions were titles, it would help reinforce that this is a Q&A site
- this would also help users have a better idea of what question they were about to look at, whereas sometimes statements can be a little deceiving
What are other user's thoughts?